SCAN TO BIM
Scan to BIM is the process of digitally capturing a site with a 3D laser scanner and using the data to create a BIM model for architectural, engineering or construction purposes (as well as many other use cases).
There are several benefits of using Scan to BIM, including:
1. Accurate and detailed data: Lidar sensors capture high-definition data with accurate measurements of surfaces, objects, and the environment in 3D space. This data allows for improved accuracy in mapping, modeling, and surveying.
2. Efficiency: Lidar scanning is a fast and efficient way to collect data, particularly in large areas. Compared to traditional surveying methods, lidar can capture data much faster, reducing field time and labor costs.
3. Safety: Lidar scanning eliminates the need for humans to physically access hard-to-reach or hazardous areas, reducing the risk of injury.
4. Cost-effective: Lidar scanning can save costs on labor, equipment, and modelling time. The data accuracy also reduces costly errors made by traditional survey methods.
5. Versatility: Scan to BIM can be used in various industries, including architecture, engineering, construction, and Asset/Property Management.